Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada – Tuesday, January 19, 2016 – Canada Zinc Metals Corp. (“Canada Zinc Metals” or “the Company”, TSX Venture Exchange: CZX) is pleased to announce the Company has been selected to present a Technical Talk at the upcoming Roundup 2016 Exploration Conference, to be held at the Vancouver Convention Centre East, under the sails of Canada Place, from January 25-28, 2016.
The Company is also pleased to report it has been selected to display drill core and other technical information from its most recent drill program on the Cardiac Creek deposit at the Core Shack at Roundup 2016.
The Association for Mineral Exploration BC (www.amebc.ca/roundup/about-roundup) is host to the annual Mineral Exploration Roundup technical conference which is now in its 33rd year. The conference is widely recognized as one of the world’s premier technical exploration events bringing together geoscientists from industry, government and academia, plus engineers, exploration managers, prospectors, investors and suppliers from many jurisdictions around the world. The theme of this ’year’s event is “Innovation in Exploration” and will focus on new innovation and collaborative solutions in exploration.
Mr. Nick Johnson, Exploration Manager for the Company, will give a detailed technical talk on the Akie project on Wednesday January 27th at 10:10 a.m. in Ballroom A/B on the East Convention Level.
The talk, entitled Cardiac Creek Zinc-Lead-Silver Deposit, BC: Update and Insights on a Growing Resource, will highlight the significant growth in the NI 43-101 compliant resource at Cardiac Creek since 2008. Select characteristics of the deposit’s high-grade core will be discussed and examined with respect to vectoring ongoing exploration. The recent discovery of a new style of mineralisation will be examined along with new exploration tools like airborne Versatile Time Domain Electromagnetic (VTEM) and airborne gravity gradiometry (AGG) surveys which allow rapid assessment of the Company’s large tenure holdings in the district.
Core Shack 2016
The Company will also present at the Roundup 2016 Core Shack over two days; from Wednesday, January 27 to Thursday, January 28, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. each day, in the Exhibit Hall on the East Convention Level.
The Core Shack will allow the Company to showcase new cut and polished selections of mineralized high-grade drill core from the 2015 Akie drill program, including from hole A-15-121. Drill hole A-15-121 illustrates the high grade nature within the core of the deposit, including 28.51 metres (true width) of 10.22% Zn, 2.34% Pb and 20.45 g/t Ag for a total of 12.56% combined Zn+Pb from a downhole depth of 433.80 metres in the Cardiac Creek zone. Also included within this mineralized interval was 12.98 metres (true width) of 13.83% Zn , 3.23% Pb and 28.98 g/t Ag for a total of 17.06% combined Zn+Pb from a downhole depth of 459.55 metres*.
The Company will also display maps, cross-sections and other technical material at the Core Shack. The Core Shack will present another important networking opportunity to showcase progress on the Akie property and introduce exciting new core specimens from the 2015 drilling on the Cardiac Creek deposit.
Shareholders and investors are encouraged to take in the Technical Talk and visit with management and staff at the Core Shack. .
Mr. Ken MacDonald, VP Exploration for the Company, commented, "We are very pleased to be selected to present a Technical Talk at this year’s conference which we know from past involvement is an important opportunity to engage in networking and relationship building with our shareholders, partners, and stakeholders. Roundup 2016 will also be the first opportunity to present exciting high grade zinc- dominated drill core from 2015 drilling on the Cardiac Creek deposit.”
The Akie Zn-Pb-Ag Project
The Akie property is situated within the Kechika Trough, the southernmost area of the regionally extensive Paleozoic Selwyn Basin, one of the most prolific sedimentary basins in the world for the occurrence of SEDEX zinc-lead-silver and stratiform barite deposits.
Drilling on the Akie property by Canada Zinc Metals since 2005 has identified a significant body of baritic-zinc-lead-silver SEDEX mineralisation known as the Cardiac Creek deposit. The deposit is hosted by siliceous, carbonaceous, fine grained clastic rocks of the Middle to Late Devonian Gunsteel Formation.
The Company has outlined a NI 43-101 compliant mineral resource at Cardiac Creek, including an indicated resource of 12.7 million tonnes grading 8.4% zinc, 1.7% lead and 13.7 g/t silver (at a 5% zinc cut-off grade) and an inferred resource of 16.3 million tonnes grading 7.4% zinc, 1.3% lead and 11.6 g/t silver (at a 5% zinc cut-off grade).
Ken MacDonald P.Geo., Vice President of Exploration, is the designated Qualified Person as defined by National Instrument 43-101 and is responsible for the technical information contained in this release.
The TSX Venture Exchange has neither approved nor disapproved the contents of this press release.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
CANADA ZINC METALS CORP.
PEEYUSH VARSHNEY, LL.B
CEO & CHAIRMAN
*Previously reported September 2, 2015 .